Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More (or less?) On My Plate

In true hyper-drive fashion, I decided to start a diet yesterday in conjunction with the start of the semester (tomorrow). Good old calorie counting for me again! I can no longer lie to myself that I haven't gained almost 8 lbs since being last month. I'd like to lose more than I gained and then build up muscle mass to gain again. So ideally, I want to lose 16lbs and then gain at least 8 lbs of muscle. Previously, I used FitDay and this time I will be using MyFitnessPal because FitDay does not have an android app. MyFitnessPal so far seems to be more organized (you can enter totals for each meal and have them totaled by meal, you can enter cardio vs. strength training, you can enter cups of water consumed); however, it mainly used grams for measurement of foods as well as other really arbitrary measurements like "cups" of water... does this mean 8oz? I much preferred FitDay's exact and variable measurement options.

In other news, I am textbook and notebook/folder shopping today! Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment