Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Day Back (ie. Summer is Officially Over)

Yesterday brought the first day of classes and much hustle and bustle both here at Towson University and at UMBC. I got to take a trip on campus today to deliver a package and meet one of our Founder's Society co-chairs and headed over to our 7800 Building. There, I saw a gaggle of students lounging, sipping Starbucks, playing on their phones, and sleeping... all dressed to the nines in their brand new school clothes. What a stark contrast stepping onto campus at UMBC, though! Most just seemed to be wearing their favorite shirt (ie. a faded zelda shirt, tie dye, etc.) and I overheard at least two conversations about "leveling up" and "raiding". The boy who sat next to me in Calculus II was reading Hawking's Illustrated "A Brief History of Time/The Universe in a Nutshell". Speaking of nutshells, I also got to see the infamous UMBC squirrels in all of their hole-digging, tree-gymnastics glory.

The verdict on my Calculus II class? It's going to be a TON of work and very difficult. My teacher, thankfully, is very enthusiastic and detailed. However, he talks like a madman... so quickly! I decided halfway through the class that I will not be able to take the Saturday Finnish classes. I will take them next semester as a reward for doing well this semester (and if I still know I can handle it). Bad news, though, is that the bookstore was closed before I could buy books yesterday so I am already one day behind on homework. I am so anxious to get started! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment