Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Big To Do and A Little Background Part One

So, in an attempt to organize the craziness that will be my mind and my life for the next 6 or so years, I have created this blog. I have just started the long process of getting prepared for graduate school (which, by the looks of it, will be a 2+ year process). I have also found a way to fund my supplemental undergraduate education... my place of employment!

Here's the deal: I work full-time for Towson University, which is part of the University System of Maryland. Through state benefits, I am eligible for complete tuition remission from ANY of the following universities:

Bowie State University
Coppin State University
Frostburg State University
Salisbury University
Towson University
University of Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Maryland, College Park
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
University of Maryland University College

This means, essentially, I have my pick of colleges and classes to completely prepare myself for a PhD program in Physics. I have a Bachelor of Science In Environmental Science, which is basically a multidisciplinary science education (ie. I studied everything from Biology to Chemistry to Ecology to Calculus to Statistics to Physics to Evolution to Geography to Physical Science to Weather and Climate... you get the picture).

So, with a lot of pre-requisites out of the way, I am ready to begin a multitude of Calculus and Physics classes in preparation not for a Bachelor's, but in preparation for credibility in the eyes of a PhD program o.O

No comments:

Post a Comment