Monday, August 8, 2011

My Muse Part One

I had the opportunity last summer to visit Stockholm and it's many museums. I was travelling with my best friend and we agreed to each buy the Stockholm card, which grants you free public transportation and access to many of the city's museums. We spent a while, after we bought the cards, flipping through the guidebook and planning our next few days and what we wanted to visit and began our adventure. Light music, dancing, and rays of sunshine illuminating a small square in Gamla Stan (The Old City) drew us to a museum we had both looked over multiple times in our guidebooks. We looked up to a marble columned building in awe and sprinted through the doors of the Nobel Museet (museum) with whimsical excitement at the discovery of our hidden treasure. I knew one of my favorite scientists, Richard Feynman, was a Nobel Laureate, and came to find a new inspiration in Alfred Nobel.

No comments:

Post a Comment