Friday, August 12, 2011

My Muse Part Two

The first thing you notice when you walk through the doors of the Nobel Museum is the ceiling. The following picture will show you why:
They have placards for all of the Nobel Laureates rotating on a track around the entire museum. I attempted to find Richard Feynman every chance I got, but never had any luck. I did find a plate from Cornell University, though, similar to one that Feynman used to use to demonstrate his famous plate experiment:

As well as a paddle from Stephen Hawking's alma mater, The University of Cambridge:
Although, he is not a laureate, it is still pretty cool.

I also got to see a light leader that came from C.E.R.N., the European laboratory for particle physics on the Franco-Swiss border:
I hope to get to visit C.E.R.N. one day - it is on my life list!

NOTE: I realize it has taken me forever to start on Part Two. After finally getting my harddrive and reviewing my pictures from this day, it is looking like there will be even more parts to follow, which is good because since school is over until August 31st, I will have something to keep writing about (other than leisure :P).


No comments:

Post a Comment