Monday, September 12, 2011

tick tock

I had my first official break down of the semester today. I guess we all have horrible days like today every once in a while. Mine started with being almost 45 minutes late to work sitting in traffic and being forced to use my grinded down brake pads that I just KNOW are wearing down my rotors. I am paying Chris to put new ones on on Friday, but I am just so terrified my car won;t make it that long. With class directly after work Mon-Thurs, there simply aren't enough hours in the day for car repairs.

Once I got in, I had to de-duplicate a mailing list.... which is basically taking off all of the duplicate entries that arise due to married couples being solicited together. So, I had to delete one spouse and change the salutation. This excel file had 21,000-some rows and it took all day long. At the end of the day, when I went to sort my list to get rid of the spaces, I got a continual error stating that there were not enough free space to perform that function. There wasn't even enough free space to delete one single row T_T So, tomorrow, I get to do the entire thing all over again. That was just the beginning...

I get to my calculus class and realize that we have a quiz in discussion that I did not even realize. I was not super pressed because we get to drop something like 4 quizzes, even though that would definitely start me off on the wrong foot. I just go ahead now and say I did terrible on the quiz because I couldn't factor something with a fraction in it quick enough because my dumb ass had been relying on my calculator too much in doing homework as a way to save time.

Lastly, after class, let's just say I had a humiliating "female problem" (also in Computer Science I was made to come up the board and I wrote "6" first for 100/64... so dumb).

I just want this so bad. I've never wanted something so badly in my life. I want to be in school. I want to be learning. I need more time in the day. I am not sleeping, I am filling up so much spare time with homework and studying (when I am not taking care of things like bills and car repairs and grocery shopping) and there still doesn't seem like enough time in the day. I didn't even want to write this entry... but it is probably an important chronicle. Now, I just need to work on being jealous of everyone else who has time to study :/

No comments:

Post a Comment