Friday, February 3, 2012

It's Still Fantasy!

More waiting now. I received word from my advisor:

Great news…but one more step. You have not been offered a Taship yet, this will be decided by our GA committee sometime in the next month or so. So, the university has accepted you, but Biology has not made an offer yet. This does not mean that you cannot come; it just means that you do not yet have secured funding.

I do know there are quite a few applicants (I have 4 for my lab alone), that are pending, but I will try and keep you posted. Peter Houde is the chair of that committee, and he usually lets the faculty know about the ranking of the students after the committee meets (it also depends on how many slots we have open in the fall).

So this means I have some more waiting to do. I definitely jumped the gun with telling people, I think. Something felt amiss. Oh well. Now, I just have to stay positive and hope for the money. It's going to all come down to funding, so let's hope I have lots and lots of good karma from bad money luck in the past :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment