Monday, December 12, 2011

Now That It's Over...

Now that it is over and some time has passed, I have the energy to discuss the application process for the National Science Foundation's Graduate Research Fellowship Program (NSF GRFP). This is the kind of funding that is up for grabs:

$198,000,000 - Each Fellowship consists of three years of support usable over a five- year period. For each year of support, NSF provides a stipend of $30,000 to the Fellow and a cost-of-education allowance of $10,500 to the degree-granting institution. For 2012, it is anticipated that the cost-of-education allowance will increase to $12,000, as indicated in the FY2012 Budget Request.

I can honestly say that writing that research proposal was one of the most mentally challenging and time-consuming essays (for the length) I've ever written. This was just too much money not to try for and the good news is that I can try again next year if I do not get it this year!

Also, I turned in a graduate school application yesterday (the day it was due because I was waiting on a single letter of recommendation). My transcripts arrived and everything is in order. One more to go that is due January 15th!

No comments:

Post a Comment